Monday, October 25, 2010

Lifeline Loot

I went with my friend Emma to what I call the op shop strip mall last week, in Wallsend. There are 5 op shops in close proximity on the main street. Wallsend used to be the place to go for op shopping when I was a student. A couple of op shops have closed down since then, but there's still a variety of mostly higher priced merchandise. If I was a size 10-14 I would have bought a lot of clothes, so if you are that size I'd recommend taking a look.

At the very last op shop I found some loot. Lifeline is the most reasonably priced of all the op shops. 


Cushion covers. I'm always on the lookout for these to change up my living room. $2 each. The pattern on the left is flocked, it feels nice. :-) 



A tupperware container for $2. A good size for cakes. There were three identical containers there.


Swimmers for R. I'd been looking for some for a while. $3.


A cute small table cloth, $2.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 comments:

Fashionista said...

Hello Bek,

First time I have read your blog, it is great! I live in Melbourne and have 3 op shops close by and I love them. Just yesterday I found 4 silver napkin rings for $1.50 and a little crystal dish that I put a fat candle in for $1. Bargain. Unbeknown to me it was half price day, I thought I was spending $5! Even bigger bargain!

Keep up the good work.

Bek said...

Great bargain hunting Fashionista!
Thanks for visiting my blog. :-)

VS said...

I just found your lovely blog & look forward to following you through lifes amazing adventures!
Happy Halloween,
Susie

Susan said...

Oh, I feel a pang of nostalgia ... we probably rubbed shoulders in the Op shops in Wallsend! I do miss spending my day off trawling those shops, and the Salvation Army shop in Cardiff. Most of my kitchenware and home decor has come from those shops! Do you know where the Cardiff one has relocated to? It used to be in Harrison Street, but when I drove past last month I was disappointed to see it has gone(I moved to Victoria over 3 years ago).

I've enjoyed visiting your blog and will do so regularly.